What is the Flipped Classroom?
Tools for Creating Content
- Camtasia - $$ Software for editing and producing video
- SnagIt - Chrome Extension to capture screencasts or Animated GIFs
- Camstudio – Free, Open Source Software similar to Camtasia
- Screencast-O-Matic - Free Version - limited to 15 minutes; Pro Version – Unlimited.
- Jing - limited to 5 minutes
- Screenr - Free Web-based tool to record screencasts.
- MoveNote - Add in that allows you to create videos and send them directly from Gmail. IDEA! - send a lecture video out to a contact list.
- Educreations - iPad app that allows you to create and save videos on a Free account.
- ScreenChomp - iPad app with whiteboard for creating video content. Free.
- Explain Everything - iPad app that allows you to record while working with a background, images, and pen tools. Also allows you to record while working with a webpage. Paid.
Ready Made Content
For the items listed below, make sure you always view content before putting it out there for your kids. Review for content, quality, accuracy, and appropriateness.
- Khan Academy - Lecture videos over Math and Science.
- Brightstorm - Paid service with 1 week free. Math, Science, ELA.
- iTunesU - Many college and university lectures are available for free. Some K-12 as well. Check out all categories.
- Ted-Ed - turn any YouTube video into a lesson with questions and webquests.